Nearly right after release, Apex Legends bumped Fortnite off the top spot on the streaming site Twitch. We think about franchises with tremendously large communities like Federation Internationale de Football Association, and we think that they would absolutely benefit from cross-play and cross-progress, as more and more people come into these big communities.
EA CEO Andrew Wilson said the game's battle royale mode, called Firestorm, will launch next month. According to a statement from EA, these lower sales are a result of the company's "difficult window" regarding its launch, and "prioritizing the single-player campaign over battle royale".
During the call, Mike Ng from Goldman Sachs asked about the capacity if Respawn to launch three games in one year given we just had Apex Legends, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is already confirmed to be shipping later this year, and there's this "premium" Titanfall game that we've yet to hear about. The reality of playing with friends across different platforms is still new, so it should gain more traction as time goes on. Fortnite and Rocket League both have jumped into the cross-play scene and have received much praise for doing so. Could it be a Titanfall MOBA game? Granted, the fact that it is free-to-play coupled with the novelty of a new battle-royale title set in the Titanfall universe probably had many people wanting to at least check it out. Color us intrigued! With Respawn's pedigree, it's understandable to be excited, and we can't wait to hear more about this new Titanfall game. Fortnite slowly climbed to the top of the market, reaching 125 million users by mid-2018, making it possibly the biggest PC and console game in the world. Will you still play it even if it doesn't have walljumping and titans?
- Knicks trade Kristaps Porzingis to Mavericks
- Here's what experts say about the Iran nuclear deal
- Ariana Grande reportedly pulls out of Grammys ceremony over performance disagreement
- Liam Neeson Premiere Cancels Red Carpet After Controversial Interview
- Sixers acquire Tobias Harris in blockbuster trade with Clippers
- Seas will change colour as climate heats up
- Abrams calls for voting rights in response to Trump's speech
- Kuwait sees risk of oil supply shortage in 2019 due to Venezuela
- Mobile claims merger with Sprint will boost 5G speeds 4-6x
- John Wall Out 12 Months With Ruptured Left Achilles