After the teams traded buckets in the first two minutes, neither scored again until Isaiah Wilkins drained a 3-pointer for Virginia Tech with 12:50 left in the first half to make it 5-2.
No. 12 Virginia Tech kept No. 23 N.C. State from scoring 25 points Saturday, winning a awful offensive game, 47-24. The Wolfpack had home court, but the Hokies went home with a 47-24 win. Point guard Braxton Beverly had the worst game of his life, missing all of his 12 shots while going 0-9 from three. During the Wolfpack's overtime loss to No. 3 Virginia, which is the top defensive team in the country, N.C. State had 14 points off fast breaks while limiting the Cavaliers to two. The Wolfpack scored the fewest points by a ranked team in the shot clock era. During the game, NC State attempted to recognize Wolfpack legend and NBA Hall of Famer David Thompson in the stands.
But let's not leave the Hokies out here.
(20) IOWA STATE 65, TEXAS 60: Talen Horton-Tucker scored 15 points, Marial Shayok had 12 and the Cyclones (17-5, 6-3 Big 12) held off the Longhorns (12-10, 4-5) in Ames, Iowa.
N.C. State made just 9 of 54 shots for the game, a conversion rate of 16.7 percent that included a 2-for-28 showing from 3-point range.
The problem for both teams appeared to be not getting to the foul line.
And it's not like Virginia Tech was on fire either, but to be fair, it doesn't take much to be better than the way N.C. State played. So this looks like an aberration, as they never recovered from starting 1-for-17 from the floor and 0-for-11 from beyond the arc. It has a trip to North Carolina on Tuesday. NC State outscored the Cavs 32-28 in the second half to send it to the extra session, but were outscored 11-10 in overtime. Bryce brought the Wolfpack to 19 points with 18:35 remaining in the game, but they didn't make another field goal for almost 12 minutes. "I don't know that I've ever been a part of a game where none of our guys played well".
Needless to say, this was a huge blunder for the Wolfpack.
"As hard as it is and as frustrating as this loss is, we have to be able to move on from it", forward Wyatt Walker said.
Fourteen offensive rebounds (only nine teams average 14 offensive rebounds per game), yet only 24 points!
- Iraqis call for United States troops to be expelled after Trump's remarks
- Don´t send me to Bahrain´: refugee footballer pleads in Bangkok
- Facebook Messenger Finally Gets an Unsend Feature
- Here's what experts say about the Iran nuclear deal
- Keep your accounts more secure with Google's new Password Checkup Chrome extension
- Liam Neeson Premiere Cancels Red Carpet After Controversial Interview
- Nantes launch legal action against Cardiff City for Emiliano Sala transfer fee
- Raiders in talks with Giants over sharing stadium
- Cricket Betting Tips and Match Prediction- New Zealand v India 1st T20
- Modern Family to end next year after 11 seasons