The interview comes about a week after the premiere of the Lifetime documentary series, "Surviving R. Kelly", which features multiple sexual abuse allegations against Kelly. The 52-year-old said on stage, "It's my motherf-king birthday, and I don't give a f-k what's going on!"
In the beginning, the man claimed he does not watch "that sort of trash" therefore he hadn't watched "one minute" of Surviving R. Kelly.
After watching the series, an IL prosecutor issued a plea for potential victims and witnesses to come forward, while Georgia prosecutors have reportedly reached out to a lawyer representing a couple who appear in Surviving R. Kelly.
Kelly has for years denied accusations of abuse, including those made in the new documentary. A BuzzFeed report published in 2017 from Chicago music critic Jim DeRogatis, who has investigated Kelly for more than a decade, renewed public interest in allegations against the musician.
But, police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said: "If there are people out there that have any knowledge or information or even the slightest bit of information about potential criminal activity, domestic violence, we need to know about it". I was sickened as a survivor.
Also Wednesday, two women contacted the Cook County State's Attorney's office with previously unreported accusations against Kelly. Mason allegedly threatened to kill Joycelyn Savage father.
Greenberg alleged Kelly had "no idea" she was under the age of consent. In 2008, the singer was tried and acquitted on child pornography charges in Chicago.
Lifetime representatives did not respond to requests for comment on Greenberg's remarks. Parents of the women involved said at the time that they had attempted to get their daughters out of Kelly's homes, accusing him of controlling their eating habits, how they engaged in sexual activity and ruling over when they take baths or sleep. "We can not seek justice without you".
Surviving R. Kellyfeatures interviews with over 50 people, including several women who claim to have been victims of sexual misconduct by Kelly, and people from the artist's personal life who are speaking out with claims supporting those made by his alleged victims.
- Sudanese protest doctor’s killing in Khartoum
- Canadian national among those suspected of helping gunmen in deadly Nairobi attack
- Gonzalo Higuain: AC Milan leave striker out of squad amid Chelsea reports
- Fortnite Flaw Put Millions of Players at Risk of Malware
- Serbian police have right to be in Kosovo; where are they?
- Syria says it repelled Israeli air raid near Damascus
- 'Speed Limit' feature on Google Maps expanding in US
- To Win in 2020, Trump Must Build the Wall
- The truth behind Pete Davidson's dark social media post
- TJ Dillashaw, Henry Cejudo make weight for title bout