KPB can play across the attack or as an attacking midfielder and has good experience after playing in the Bundesliga (Hertha Berlín, Borussia Dortmund, Schalke), Premier League (Tottenham, Portsmouth) and Serie A (Genoa, Milan and now Sassuolo).
The 31-year-old has been loaned to the Catalan giants for the remainder of the current season, and the club will have option to make the move permanent next term.
It added: "During his time with Las Palmas with Quique Setien as coach he played as an out and out striker, a typical No. 9".
"My pro-Real Madrid video from the past?"
"Barca, I'm coming!" he said.
One particular interview from 2017 revealed Boateng had regarded himself as a Real Madrid fan since he was a child, but he dismissed that ahead of joining Barca and is eager to score against Los Blancos in the next Clasico on March 2. "I'll be hoping to score in the Clasico at the Bernabeu", he said.
Barcelona will be Boateng's fourth club in the past three seasons, though the former Ghana global has fared well at each of his stops.
In the current campaign, he has 15 games with Sassuolo, scoring five goals and providing two assists.
- Guardiola promises Man City improvement despite win against Huddersfield
- Big change to how WhatsApp lets you forward messages
- 2nd US-N.Korea summit to be held late February
- Indian-Origin Senator Kamala Harris Jumps Into 2020 US Prez Race
- Tre Jones (shoulder) expected back sooner rather than later for Duke
- IPhone Sales Slump Finally Sparks Apple to Get Innovative
- Australian Open: American teen Anisimova humbles Sabalenka
- Huddersfield Town Brilliantly Use Martin To Announce New Manager
- URI Box Office Collection Day 10: Vicky Kaushal starrer hits a century at domestic market
- France seeks tenth weekend of protests