Machado's agent, Dan Lozano of MVP Sports Group, obviously has been keeping tabs on these rumors, and he evidently isn't too pleased about what he's been reading.
"I am well aware that the entire baseball universe - fans, players, teams and media members alike - is starved for information about this free-agent market for all players, including Manny, " Lozano's statement continued. Nightengale tweeted on Wednesday that the White Sox made the offer two weeks ago and see no reason to bid against themselves.
Lozano said he has a "good professional relationship" with both journalists but called their reporting "reckless".
NY has not made a formal offer to Machado, despite being one of three teams-the White Sox and Philadelphia Phillies being the other two-that met in person with the 26-year-old last month.
As the excruciatingly long wait of a decision from Manny Machado continues, SNY's Andy Martino gave us an obvious bit of news that seemed apparent for more than a month, now. Jeff Passan of ESPN reported that the White Sox, Phillies and a mystery team remain in on the infielder. However, if they only offered $175 million over seven years to Machado, they could likely be outbid by another team.
Heading into the offseason, many were predicting Harper and Machado would each sign a long-term deal in the neighborhood of $300 million.
Given the White Sox's acquisitions of Machado's close friend Jon Jay and brother-in-law Yonder Alonso, it makes all the more sense that they'd try to put the foot down and just get a deal finished for a guy who always seemed like a flawless fit.
Numerous reports claim the White Sox are among the pursuers of both players.
Interested parties in Machado's and Bryce Harper's negotiations might be best served exercising patience while waiting for a resolution. "But I am not going to continue to watch the press be manipulated into tamper with, not just my client, but all of these players' livelihoods as they have been doing this entire offseason".
- Rare sighting of massive great white shark off Hawaii
- Tesla Model 3 hackers can earn up to £700,000 for exploits
- Gonzalo Higuain will flop at Chelsea for two reasons, predicts Paul Merson
- US Lawmakers Introduce Bipartisan Bills Targeting China’s Huawei and ZTE
- Senate Republicans block attempt to keep sanctions on Russian oligarch’s firms
- Liam Neeson's nephew dies five years after hitting head in horror fall
- Brexit: UK PM May survives confidence vote
- Witness Claims El Chapo Paid $100M Bribe to Mexican President
- Chinese military rapidly closing gap, Pentagon report says
- José Mourinho rejects criticism of his Manchester United tenure