"Now, I'll get the chance to learn from him directly", Gill told TOI. Between that and his imminent trip to New Zealand as part of the senior team, the top-order batsman showed he could also play finisher, even on a stage as big as the IPL, and has built a first-class record so good that he's about to become an global cricketer almost 14 months after making his first-class debut.
Rahul was likely to serve as a reserve batsman throughout the three-match series but Pandya, a game-breaking allrounder, would have been one of the first players picked in India's XI. He is very exciting. "After the 2019 World Cup, he can make it to the [Indian] side". For New Zealand series, we are looking at him as the reserve opener behind Shikhar (Dhawan) and Rohit (Sharma).
This time past year, Gill was on his way to becoming Man of the Tournament in India's victorious Under-19 World Cup run.
"A Lot of people asked when Shubman was going to make his global debut as Prithvi Shaw (U-19 skipper) has already made an impressive start in Test cricket". He batted really well, a century in your very first innings, that too in worldwide cricket...
"While batting at No. 5, in all these matches when I was going into bat, we required 150 to 160 runs and it was very important that I paced the innings well and played the role of a finisher", Shankar explained. Our coaches and seniors really helped me. "For the first 15-20 seconds, I was in a state of shock", while speaking to India TV News. They finished 324 for 8 in 57 overs. "It is a big day for Punjab cricket too and a lot of youngsters will be inspired from a player like Shubman", said Singla, a former Ranji Trophy player too.
That fact may also have to do with the new dimension to his game that he added during the season with Kolkata Knight Riders. I am in good nick and hitting the ball well.
Shubman had first hogged limelight when he made a world-record 587-run partnership with Nirmal Singh in Punjab and scored 351 runs in Punjab U-16 tournament.
"Obviously, I am feeling very happy and very special about the call-up. I used to play Under-14s when I was ten, then Under-16s when I was 13-14".
Gill is excited about linking up with Kohli and other Indian cricket legends like MS Dhoni and is adamant about one thing if he gets the nod to play in the five-match ODI series starting on January 23 in Napier.
- FBI opened investigation on Trump working on behalf of Russian Federation
- United States shutdown: Trump urged to temporarily reopen government
- Rookie cop following in dad's footsteps shot at crash scene
- LeBron James Getting Crushed For What He Did After Cowboys-Rams
- Stunning TVs From CES 2019 You'll Want in Your Living Room
- Willian? Don't ask me about his contract, fires Sarri
- VLC crosses three billion downloads, is adding AirPlay support and more
- Ford to slash jobs in Europe, may close plants
- Gunman who fatally shot Davis Police Officer Natalie Corona is identified
- US military announces start of troop withdrawal from Syria