The phones will be available exclusively online (they are successors of the Galaxy On series). We should start seeing some teasers from Samsung now that it has confirmed the launch of the Galaxy M series in India on January 28.
Previous rumours suggested that Samsung will launch three models under the M series umbrella and all three will have big batteries and will be camera focused smartphones. While the tenth anniversary obviously is the most interesting of such hardware, the Korean Chaebol like we have learned from leaks and rumors is also working on replacing its Galaxy J series with the expected launch of three devices under ' Galaxy M' series.
Samsung today announced that it will be introducing three new budget smartphones under the M series to take on increasing competition from Chinese rivals. The series will be targetted towards the country's millennials, hence the nomenclature, "M".
While there used to be a very clear divide between mid-range smartphones and high-end flagships, the lines have increasingly blurred over the past few years.
It is believed that Samsung's online sales account for the double-digit percentage of the overall revenue turnover from the mobile division for the company. So expect their specifications and features comparable to phones from the likes of Xiaomi, Honor, Realme, etc. The Galaxy M30 is also said to come with a 5,000mAh battery and may also be Samsung's cheapest phone with a triple camera system. The Galaxy M10 and M20 have been rumoured to be the first Samsung phones with Infinity-V displays.
The expected prices are INR 10,000 for the M10 and INR 15,000 for the M20 ($140 and $210, respectively). In the third quarter of 2018, Samsung held a market share of 23 per cent and had to settle for a number two spot.
- Former kidnap victim Elizabeth Smart offers advice to Jayme Closs
- Mass Fentanyl Overdose in California Kills One, Sends 12 to Hospital
- Leishman makes move in Sony Open golf
- Wisconsin kidnapping and killing suspect lived under the radar
- Logan Paul Says He's 'Going Gay' in March-and People Aren't Happy
- FM Çavuşoğlu holds phone call with U.S. counterpart Pompeo over Syria
- 'Kingdom Hearts 3' Post-Launch Updates Revealed
- Kyler Murray wants $15 million from A's to stick with baseball
- Iran air force cargo plane crashes, killing at least 15
- Lexus LC Convertible concept revealed, Detroit debut