The publication does not reveal the security guard's name, but explains that her role was an impressive feat for a female, as she "was the first woman to have held such a key role in keeping members of the Royal Family safe".
The Duchess of Sussex's female bodyguard has quit after a stint in the role for less than a year.
It is understood that her Royal Protection Officer was anxious that Meghan wanted to be 'one of the people'.
She is understood to be leaving the Metropolitan Police for reasons unconnected to the duke and duchess or their household, and is said to be highly regarded. Back in November 2018, it was reported that Kate and William, along with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, attended a private dinner for the Royal Foundation.
She replaced Seargeant Bill Renshaw, Harry's long-serving head of security following his retirement after 30 years in the field.
'She has made a decision to leave the Met Police.
Prince Harry and wife Meghan have appeared together in northern England, the royal pair making a rare joint visit to several community groups near Liverpool. "Even though [Meghan] was a famous actress, she could still do what she wanted in the way of getting around freely".
Meghan also met a fellow expectant mother at the event, who the duchess presented with a large basket of baby goods.
The mother-to-be has already stepped out once in London last week and the couple will also make an appearance on Wednesday to watch Cirque du Soleil's TOTEM at the Royal Albert Hall, as part of a fundraising campaign for Harry's charity Sentebale. But colleagues said the bodyguard was "brilliant" and had earned the role on merit.
Kensington Palace did not comment on the staffing changes.
- HBO reveals ‘Game of Thrones’ season eight premiere date with new teaser
- Game of Thrones series 8 release date confirmed alongside chilling teaser
- Simply put: Plan on slippery road conditions. Winter weather advisory in effect
- Logan Paul Says He's 'Going Gay' in March-and People Aren't Happy
- Murray will be a big loss - Nadal pays tribute to retiring great
- Iran air force cargo plane crashes, killing at least 15
- Leishman makes move in Sony Open golf
- US military announces start of troop withdrawal from Syria
- Stunning TVs From CES 2019 You'll Want in Your Living Room
- EPL: Guardiola speaks on Manchester City paying £100m for Wolves' star midfielder