Here's a first look.
Chief Designer Tadao Mori said that the concept has unmistakable design of LC Coupe but has been reimagined as future convertible.
The regular LC coupe was touted for looking nearly exactly like its concept counterpart, and Lexus doesn't really do concept vehicles that never make it into production, so it's pretty safe to assume that this "concept" will be hitting showrooms in the near future. The Lexus LC Coupe normally ships with a 5.0-liter naturally aspirated V8 engine good for 477 hp (356 kW). The design is pretty much what you'd expect from an LC without a roof, meaning it's still painfully pretty. "It blends uniquely Japanese aesthetics with the promise of sensory satisfaction that only a convertible can provide". Its short overhangs, 22-inch wheels and wide stance are all reminders of its performance potential.
What this all means is that Lexus is thinking about a convertible LC. From the comfort of its tailored seats to the feel of every switch and button, everything about this LC is created to make even the most common trip feel like an occasion.
The stunning interior is even more on display here than in the LC coupe, with the convertible taking the design, materials, and feel of the cabin up a notch visually with crisp white leather and yellow accent stitching. Done properly, though, this LC could more than compensate.
"A production version of this concept would be exhilarating in many different ways", Mori suggests. GM is aiming to transform Cadillac into its lead EV brand to counter not only Tesla but also a throng of electric cars being developed by Germany's luxury brands.
- Shubman Gill credits Dravid for his batting evolution
- Murray will be a big loss - Nadal pays tribute to retiring great
- Wisconsin kidnapping and killing suspect lived under the radar
- Microsoft Windows 10 19H1 Adds Reserved Storage Functionality
- Obama's former housing chief Julian Castro joins 2020 campaign
- Leishman makes move in Sony Open golf
- Amazon's game streaming service set for 2020
- Celtics' Morris appears to shove teammate Brown
- VLC crosses three billion downloads, is adding AirPlay support and more
- FBI opened investigation on Trump working on behalf of Russian Federation