"Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?"
"Anything less than these substantive actions is another tacit acceptance of racism from the Republican Party", her statement continued.
"Will Republicans take any action against Steve King?".
King has drawn widespread condemnation after last week telling The News York Times in an interview, "White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization - how did that language become offensive?"
"White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization - how did that language become offensive?" For example, Scott mentioned that over the past two years, "Republicans have focused on spreading opportunity, and it has paid dividends: From the creation of opportunity zones in some of our nation's most distressed communities to awesome job-creation statistics and low unemployment rates, there's no doubt that the future is brightening for many Americans".
McCarthy explained that there are a number of steps he can take to pressure King for his statements.
McCarthy said he would be discussing King's future role in the Republican party when he meets with the lawmaker.
"I will not stand back as a leader of this party, believing in this nation, that all are created equal, that [King's comments] stand or have any role with us", McCarthy added. "Instead, they must actually condemn Mr. King by removing him from his committee assignments so that he can no longer affect policies that impact the very people he has made it clear he disdains".
"We have made significant progress in our nation, and while there is still work to do, we can not let these intolerant and hateful views hold us back".
In the day after Rep. Tlaib said to supporters that "we're gonna go in and impeach the motherf--", referring to President Trump, the three cable news networks devoted over two and a half hours to the topic. "We can not continue down this path if we want to continue to be a great nation".
King was a co-chair of Cruz's 2016 presidential campaign. King asked the reporter rhetorically. I think all of us ought to be united, regardless of party, in saying, white supremacism, white nationalism, is hatred.
- Meghan Markle’s bodyguard to quit after less than a year
- White House asked for options to strike Iran
- Lexus LC Convertible concept revealed, Detroit debut
- Samsung reveals the notch, features and launch date for Galaxy M
- An egg has broken Kylie Jenner's record for Instagram's most-liked photo
- Logan Paul Says He's 'Going Gay' in March-and People Aren't Happy
- Chris Pratt announces engagement to Katherine Schwarzenegger
- Some House Dems upset with Ocasio-Cortez
- Kansas City Chiefs: Good, Bad, Ugly vs Colts in AFC Divisional Round
- 'Uri' races ahead of 'The Accidental Prime Minister' on Day 1