The Instagram account, world_record_egg has gone one to be the root of many copycat accounts like world_record_chicken that are all vying for the top spot.
It had the caption: "Take that, little egg". And it beat the last record holder - a photo of model Kylie Jenner's baby posted last February - by a whopping 6 million in just 10 days.
The user explained to the online news portal that they chose to beat the world record just as a challenge but had nothing personal against Kylie Jenner. I'm gonna try and get back to as many of you as possible. The photo is, obviously, a stock photo of an egg, and nothing else. The user said the egg's name is Eugene and that the photo is popular with millions of Instagram users because "the power of the egg is strong". "Thank you so much for all of your support and messages".
While it's pretty amusing and ridiculous that Kylie Jenner is now involved in a feud of sorts with an egg, she still reportedly receives no less than $1 million in ad spending for each of her posts on any of her social media platforms! It doesn't end here though, we're only just getting started.
- Gunman who fatally shot Davis Police Officer Natalie Corona is identified
- Mass Fentanyl Overdose in California Kills One, Sends 12 to Hospital
- Logan Paul Says He's 'Going Gay' in March-and People Aren't Happy
- Obama's former housing chief Julian Castro joins 2020 campaign
- U.S. bus driver hailed for rescuing toddler
- LeBron James Getting Crushed For What He Did After Cowboys-Rams
- Wisconsin kidnapping and killing suspect lived under the radar
- Lexus LC Convertible concept revealed, Detroit debut
- Murray will be a big loss - Nadal pays tribute to retiring great
- Simply put: Plan on slippery road conditions. Winter weather advisory in effect