Maps depicting projected snow totals across the area and the west-east extent of the Winter Storm warnings (pink-shaded areas calling for up to a foot of snow) and Winter Weather Advisories are shown below.
Power outage will also be possible. In addition, due to the heavy and wet nature of the snow, shoveling will be unusually hard.
It will be the first big winter storm of the season for many cities.
Davis says parts of Sussex County could see up to five inches. A Winter Storm Warning is in effect for counties south of 36 Highway, including Platte, Clinton, Caldwell, and Livingston. Much of the day will be dry and no issues are expected outside of the mountains and possibly a little in the foothills.
Snow showers will continue into Monday morning leading to some light accumulation. Plan on a couple inches of snow on the ground by the time you're waking up on Saturday.
- After what was a quiet start to 2019, winter is starting to make some noise around the Washington, D.C. region going into the middle of January.
"Snow will overspread the region Saturday into Sunday".
On Saturday, most of the moisture arrives, with a wintry mix of snow, sleet, freezing rain and non-freezing rain across the area.
- Steph Curry leads all Western Conference guards in All Star voting
- ‘I’m Here To Serve’: New Broward Sheriff Gregory Tony On New Position
- Police investigate after U.S. woman in coma gives birth at nursing home
- Samsung remembers its past milestones as Galaxy nears its 10 year anniversary
- DeMarcus Cousins Targeting Return Ahead Of Clippers, Lakers Games in January
- Slowing iPhone sales cause Apple suppliers to suffer
- Meghan Markle Reportedly Transformed Prince Harry’s Diet When They Started Dating
- Injuries after gas leak causes explosion in central Paris
- Father denies abusing fleeing Saudi daughter
- Sarri slams Bayern over Hudson-Odoi interest