Chelsea cruised through the opening half an hour of the match, with Pedro coming close to a second goal from his 25-yard drive, which Dubravka was equal to, and Luiz's header took a small touch on its way marginally wide of the target. [Hudson-Odoi] is becoming for us a really important player.
"We have to be better than three teams, and if we play like today, we'll do it".
But speaking after Chelsea's 2-1 victory over Newcastle United in the Premier League encounter at Stamford Bridge on Saturday night, Willian stated categorically that his future remains at Chelsea. With Eden [Hazard] as a striker, we need wingers.
The result leaves Chelsea just a point behind third place Tottenham, who have a game in hand, while Newcastle will end the weekend in the relegation zone.
However, they were pegged back on 40 minutes as Newcastle took advantage of a good spell to make it 1-1 with Ciaran Clark heading home from a corner.
Chelsea are now assessing the position of Callum Hudson-Odoi amid the regular attempts from Bayern Munich to prise him away and the teenage graduate appears the likelier to leave the club this month.
When asked about Willian's contract, he added: "Maybe he has 12 years of contract, I don't know the detail. For us, he's fundamental".
The former Napoli manager responded similarly to talk Willian potential exit in an interview with Sky Sports, claiming: "You know very well that Willian is a very important player".
Chelsea took the lead after nine minutes, through Pedro, but Newcastle responded and deservedly equalised five minutes before half-time through Ciaran Clark before Willian's second-half victor.
Spain winger Pedro opened the scoring for the home side on the 9th minute.
"In my opinion, Willian has to stay with us". So we need Pedro. After the goal, I think we thought now it's easy, but it wasn't. But it was really very important to gain points today.
"We stopped playing for 20 minutes".
- Theresa May faces confidence vote in her Government soon, Jeremy Corbyn warns
- PC sales stumble in Q4 amid CPU shortages, China trade war
- Venezuela's Maduro starts new term shunned by worldwide community
- Tennis pros react to Andy Murray's heartbreaking announcement
- How to extend Resident Evil 2 One Shot demo
- Meghan's first royal patronage revealed by mistake
- 7 dead, 5 critical in Cuban bus crash
- Woman suddenly can't hear any male voices overnight
- Congressional Dems ‘Exasperated’ With Ocasio-Cortez: ‘Don’t Attack Your Own People’
- Apple Explains 2018 iPad Pro Design In Response To Bendgate Claims