The Syrian state news agency said Israeli warplanes fired a number of missiles toward the Damascus area on Friday, triggering Syrian air defense that shut down a lot of them.
The attack which took place at 11:15 p.m.(2115 GMT), was the second in less than three weeks.
Al Arabiya quoted the Syrian state news agency SANA as stating that one of the airport warehouses was hit during the attack.
The strikes were first reported a little before midnight in Damascus by the Syrian News Agency.
In October, Moscow equipped Damascus with the advanced S-300 surface-to-air missiles, days after Israeli fighter jets attacked Syrian targets using a Russian surveillance plane flying nearby as a shield and hence misleading the Syrian air defenses to shoot it down.
The Syrian air defenses intercepted most of the Israeli missiles, it added.
The strikes are suspected to have been carried out by Israel and targeted the area surrounding Damascus airport and Al Kisweh region where Iran has heavily deployed proxies and military sites in the past, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
The outgoing IDF chief of staff has acknowledged that Israel has been bombing Syria on a "near-daily" basis for years, in a massive military campaign allegedly aimed at degrading Tehran's supposed military buildup in the region.
"We struck thousands of targets without claiming responsibility or asking for credit", Eisenkot said.
The Israeli regime launches airstrikes on the Syrian territory from time to time, aggressive moves usually viewed as attempts to prop up terrorist groups that have been suffering defeats at the hands of Syrian government forces.
The last such missile attack was carried out on December 25, 2018, during which the Israeli warplanes fired missiles on Syrian military depots in the western countryside of Damascus from inside the Lebanese airspace.
- Oceans warming faster than expected, set heat record in 2018 - scientists
- Jayme Closs: Suspect named in kidnapping and murder case
- Slowing iPhone sales cause Apple suppliers to suffer
- DeMarcus Cousins Targeting Return Ahead Of Clippers, Lakers Games in January
- ‘I’m Here To Serve’: New Broward Sheriff Gregory Tony On New Position
- The BIG injury update Liverpool have received ahead of Brighton trip
- Winter Storm WARNING Issued for Our Area
- HTC unveils Vive Cosmos
- LaFleur excited to work with Rodgers, Pack's 'incredible' talent
- FDA Halts Routine Food Inspections Due to Government Shutdown