"Cuban authorities have confirmed that no Canadians are among those who died in this bus crash". Out of the 33, five are in critical condition.
The names and nationalities of those killed haven't yet been released.
"We are now providing assistance to two British nationals who were injured on the bus".
A Frenchman and a German woman were also among the four tourists killed in the accident, along with three Cubans, the Venceremos newspaper said.
Thirty-one of the injured were being treated at the local hospital.
According to Radio Guantanamo, two Canadians were injured - a 56-year-old man and a 54-year-old man.
The driver told local media that he lost control on a road between the eastern cities of Baracoa and Guantánamo.
On top of the road being wet and winding, Cuba's highways are also known for being poorly lit, too narrow, and riddled with potholes.
"Global Affairs Canada is aware of reports of a bus crash in Cuba involving foreign tourists".
Thursday's crash is the fourth major bus accident in a month.
There were 750 deaths and 7,999 injuries in 11,187 accidents a year ago in the country of 11 million.
- Macedonia's parliament votes to accept new name
- Government shutdown breaks record, with no end in sight
- Transfer: Sarri speaks on Chelsea selling Willian
- Huawei sacks Chinese employee accused of spying in Poland
- Milwaukee bus driver commended after rescuing toddler from frigid temperatures
- Chinese lunar probe snaps breathtaking panoramic PHOTOS of Moon’s far side
- Ex-Nissan chair Ghosn indicted for alleged breach of trust
- MS Dhoni still a key player for India
- Meghan Markle Reportedly Transformed Prince Harry’s Diet When They Started Dating
- Winter Storm WARNING Issued for Our Area