On Tuesday, Manafort's legal team accidentally revealed in a court filing in a case involving the special counsel's office that the former Trump adviser sent Trump campaign polling data to Konstantin Kilimnik, a longtime associate of Manafort's who allegedly has ties to Russian intelligence.
Special Counsel Robert Mueller has interviewed Tony Fabrizio, a pollster for Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign, a revelation that raises the stakes for the recently uncovered allegation the Campaign Chair Paul Manafort lied to investigators about giving poll data to to a foreign national, according to CNN.
The story revealed that Special Counsel Robert Mueller claimed Manafort had "lied about sharing polling data. related to the 2016 presidential campaign" with Konstantin Kilimnik, a Russian-Ukrainian businessman who the US claims to have links to Russian intelligence and was charged a year ago with tampering with potential witnesses.
"This shows that Bob Mueller can demonstrate to a court, without the testimony of Paul Manafort, that the campaign had a connection to Russian intelligence and the connection involved information going from the campaign to the Russians", Napolitano said. A spokesman for the special counsel declined comment.
Mueller accused Manafort of lying to his prosecutors in late November and later said that the breaches came in five different areas, including his contacts with Kilimnik and the Trump administration. President Trump denies any campaign collusion with Russian Federation. Trump did not elaborate and turned to another reporter with a question on a different topic. He entered a plea agreement with special counsel Robert Mueller on September 14, 2018, but prosecutors have since alleged that Manafort has violated the terms of the deal by lying about certain topics.
Mueller's team has also charged Kilimnik with conspiracy to obstruct justice and obstruction of justice.
- 'Criminal Minds' set to end after 15 seasons on CBS
- Kevin Hart Shuts Down Questions About Oscars Controversy: 'I'm Over It'
- U.S. bus driver rescues child found wandering barefoot
- Person driving blindfolded crashes while playing the 'Bird Box Challenge'
- Stephen Constantine aiming to lead India to historic qualification in Asian Cup
- General Motors rejects Unifor proposals to keep the Oshawa plant open
- Yannick Carrasco could return to European football with Milan and Arsenal interested
- Derby County contact Leeds United over spying claims
- 'Viswasam' screened in 73 theatres while 'Petta' was accommodated in 67
- Malta reaches deal for 49 stranded migrants to disembark