The Times reported that FBI investigators looked into whether Trump's actions could be considered a threat to national security. Mr. Whitaker in the past criticized the scope of the Mueller probe and brought up the possibility of undermining it by slashing the investigation's funding. The story says it is unclear whether Mueller is pursuing the counterintelligence case.
In an interview with Reuters, Giuliani said Mueller raised the possibility of follow-up questions but that the president's outside legal team told the special counsel before Christmas that Trump would not respond. "At the time, the special counsel had been digging into Manafort's finances and political work ahead of his trial".
An American presidential campaign chairman handing over of internal polling data to a corporate associate of a foreign power is unusual, at best.
"The investigation the F.B.I. opened into Mr. Trump also had a criminal aspect, which has always been publicly known: whether his firing of Mr. Comey constituted obstruction of justice". "We weren't convinced they had any questions they don't know the answer to".
There has been no public evidence that Trump was in contact with Russian Federation during the election campaign and Trump has long denied any illicit connection. Trump has also repeatedly and vociferously denied collusion with the Russians. Apparently, the bureau's knowledge of the Trump Tower meeting, and Trump's July 2016 press conference request - "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing - wasn't enough to pull the trigger on an inquiry".
The Washington Post reported Wednesday that White House counsel Pat Cipollone is gearing up by hiring 17 new lawyers to the team to prepare to "prevent President Trump's confidential discussions with top advisers from being disclosed to House Democratic investigators and revealed in the special counsel's long-awaited report". He also says his now-former lawyer, Cohen, lied to get a lighter sentence in NY.
One of those biggest charges is onto Trump's former personal lawyer Michael Cohen, who was sentenced to three years in prison for financial crimes and arranging hush money payments to two women who claimed to have affairs with Trump before the 2016 election.
- Canadian astronomers detect mysterious repeating radio signal from far galaxy
- Amazon Launches Free Streaming Service ‘IMDb Freedive’
- Michy Batshuayi Everton Bound?
- Thousands of white dwarf stars are turning into crystals
- Person driving blindfolded crashes while playing the 'Bird Box Challenge'
- 'Viswasam' screened in 73 theatres while 'Petta' was accommodated in 67
- Rajasthan: Baby split in half, head left in womb during delivery
- Malta reaches deal for 49 stranded migrants to disembark
- U.S. bus driver rescues child found wandering barefoot
- Kevin Hart Shuts Down Questions About Oscars Controversy: 'I'm Over It'