Rajinikanth's Petta, directed by Karthik Subbaraj, and Ajith Kumar's Viswasam, directed by Siva, were vying for honours, with fans going all out to prove the superiority of their hero's film over the rival's. "I don't want anybody else to dub Rajinikanth's voice as his voice is unique and matches his signature mannerisms", he explained. This strategy seems to have paid in most parts as audiences flocked to the theatres to catch a glimpse of the superstar in the avatar of Kaali. Going by the reports that have been doing the rounds, the Rajinikanth starrer has fetched above 1 Crore on day 1 whereas Viswasam has managed to fetch close to 90 Lakhs. Even in centres like Kerala, Karnataka and AP/TS, Petta has turned out to be the most preferred movie on day 1.
Superstar Rajinikanth's much-awaited film, Petta, has hit the theatres worldwide today.
The first major release of 2019 are two big Tamil ventures Petta and Viswasam, which arrived yesterday at the ticket windows. Petta made $133k in the United States from 194 locations, while Viswasam made $18k from 71 locations. It features the ensemble star cast of Vijay Sethupathi, Trisha, Simran Bagga, Bobby Simha, Megha Akash, Sanath Reddy and Nawazuddin Siddiqi.
At 6am, about 300 of them gathered to celebrate the release of the Tamil film, which has opened to a positive response in India, ahead of next week's Pongal festival.
- Ronaldo asked for DNA as rape case heats up
- 'Not for sale' - West Ham oppose Arnautovic's request for China switch
- Mobile and Verizon rebuke AT&T’s fake 5G efforts
- Samsung's bendable smartphone reportedly breaks if folded completely
- US Military Official Says Troop Withdrawal From Syria Has Begun
- Michael Cohen To Testify Publicly In Front Of House Oversight Next Month
- Patrick McCaw plans to sign with Raptors
- Steelers president on Antonio Brown: ‘We’ll look at all the options’
- Powell: Fed can be patient as USA economy evolves in 2019
- Hardik Pandya, KL Rahul suspended pending inquiry into comments on TV show