The crime series, which is show-run by executive producer Erica Messer, follows an elite team of Federal Bureau of Investigation profilers who analyze the country's most twisted criminal minds, attempting to anticipate their next moves before they strike again.
The show announced the big news on Twitter, with the post, "Hey, #CriminalMinds fans-we've got big news".
The final season of Criminal Minds will be an emotional ride for fans of the show.
After the long-running show didn't receive an early Season 14 pick-up previous year (though it did eventually get renewed for a shorter episode order), fans suspected this could be the CBS procedural's swan song. It was clear that CBS had a major hit on its hands.
According to Deadline, the network has decided that it will use the abridged season to wrap up all the series' loose ends before sending them off into the sunset. "We are so proud to have aired it", CBS' EVP of current programs, Amy Reisenbach, said. "It speaks to everything we do best, which is air quality television".
The outlet reports the series, which is now filming their Season 14 finale, will film the final season this spring in continuous production. "It's been successful not only on air but online, in syndication, internationally for ABC (Studios)".
As fans know, the show centers around FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit, dealing with profiling criminals while investigating terrible crimes. Mandy Patinkin left the show after just two seasons, Thomas Gibson was sacked in 2016 after an on-set altercation and Shemar Moore left to star on a different series.
Erica Messer is showrunner and executive producer on the series, alongside Mark Gordon and Breen Frazier.
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 is sleeker, more powerful than ever before
- Kevin Hart Shuts Down Questions About Oscars Controversy: 'I'm Over It'
- Google Home upgrade: Your smart speaker is set for a colossal improvement
- Poland charges Huawei manager and Pole with spying for China
- Malta reaches deal for 49 stranded migrants to disembark
- US Military Official Says Troop Withdrawal From Syria Has Begun
- Mobile and Verizon rebuke AT&T’s fake 5G efforts
- Arsenal Man To Become 2nd Highest-Paid Juventus Star Behind Cristiano
- R. Kelly's streams increase after docu-series alleges abuse
- Fiat Chrysler to pay customers, governments for cheating emissions tests