News came out on Wednesday night via the San Francisco Chronicle saying that the Oakland A's are expecting Murray to enter the NFL Draft and pursue a football career.
"I don't have enough good things to say about him", Kingsbury said of the Oklahoma quarterback.
The Cardinals on Wednesday hired the former Texas Tech coach to take over, hoping he can sprinkle some of his offensive fairy dust on a team that finished dead last in the National Football League in points and yards gained. "I'd take him with the first pick in the draft if I could".
Murray played both football and baseball for the Sooners, winning the Heisman Trophy this season.
That said, the Cardinals spent a first-round pick on quarterback Josh Rosen last season, and while he struggled throughout much of his rookie season, the odds are against Arizona selecting a quarterback in the first round in back-to-back drafts.
According to a source, Murray declaring for the draft is not considered to be contractually significant. "I've followed him since he was a sophomore in high school and just think the world of him and what he can do on a football field". But realistically, it's unlikely Kingsbury would take Murray with the top pick, no matter how big of a freak he is. Which at quarterback, that's impossible to do.
Kyler Murray faces a very interesting decision this week.
Murray was selected No. 9 overall by Oakland in last year's draft but returned to Oklahoma for his Junior season, where he won the Heisman after tossing 42 touchdowns compared to just seven interceptions. He's phenomenal. I've never seen him have a poor outing.
The 2019 draft is one of the deepest in years in terms of defensive lineman, so if the Cardinals keep their top pick, they are likely to go in that direction, whether it be Alabama defensive tackle Quinnen Williams or Ohio State defensive end Nick Bosa.
- Jurgen Klopp told to replace two or three players by Reds hero
- Rare coin given to schoolboy as change now worth $2.3m
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Cotswold country weekender has been revealed
- British parliament orders May government to come up with Brexit plan B
- Muslim youth group cleans up national parks while government remains shut down
- Surprise Winner Of Congolese Election Is An Opposition Leader
- Ala. Sen. Murkowski calls for government to reopen while negotiations continue
- Cryptocurrency ransom sought after suspected kidnapping of Norwegian woman
- Adam Gase to Become New York Jets' Head Coach
- Board suggest shock Gonzalo Higuain alternative to Maurizio Sarri