Asked how the situation made her feel, the frustrated mother said she hoped her five-year-old child was still too young to have noticed what was happening.
According to local media, the picture was shared by the class teacher on the school's WhatsApp group.
"The school's ethos is built on inclusivity as a reflection of the broader South African society", says the school governing body's chairperson, Jozeph du Plessis.
This was not the first time children have been subjected to racism in the country's schools. My suggestion? This school must be shut down, the parents of those learners in the corner must get a formal apology and the teacher must be fired!
Ironically, like Laerskool Schweizer-Reneke, the reason for this was attached to the learners' language identity.
Curro Foundation School in Roodeplaat was found guilty of racism after a probe by the Gauteng education department.
An image was widely circulated online showing black and white pupils sitting at separate tables in a grade R classroom this week.
He added: "We are suspending her [the teacher] because we want the investigation to be fair and free". It is hard to fathom how this could be so when one can clearly see that, based on the seating arrangements only, the black kid was purposefully placed away from the other children with her lunchbox while everyone else enjoyed cupcakes.
Some white parents have removed their children from the school because they fear for their safety.
After meeting school staff and education department officials, Mr Lehare confirmed that the form teacher in question had been suspended.
The school hasn't responded to requests for comment.
"All I saw was messages from the white parents saying "dankie, dankie" ['thank you, thank you'] on the WhatsApp group, but no-one was saying anything about the separation of the learners", she said.
"We are not sure whether is fake or real, if it's real we are condemning it, we say not during this era, we can not really accept it".
- Backstage News On Chris Jericho’s Contract With AEW
- Cryptocurrency ransom sought after suspected kidnapping of Norwegian woman
- Muslim youth group cleans up national parks while government remains shut down
- R. Kelly's attorney responds to allegations made in docu-series
- Man accused of stealing $10M lottery ticket from roommate
- Fox News’ Shep Smith provides immediate fact-check of Trump’s wall speech
- Aliens could be behind mysterious radio waves from deep space
- New Jersey Health Department Confirms First Pediatric Flu Death Of Season
- French ministers aghast at support for boxer who fought police
- Timberwolves fire coach Tom Thibodeau