"I think the start of this season we weren't playing our best but we were getting results".
Fabinho occupied the position in the defeat to Wolves whilst Wijnaldum has been utilised in the position before.
"It's not something that you want as a team, especially at Liverpool". We have to make sure we bounce back and look at where we can get better. Maybe a few smart people would have said I didn't respect the competition.
"Ki coming on after a minute and playing like he did [was] absolutely outstanding", Milner, who made his professional debut for Leeds United at 16 years and 309 days, added.
The "big chance" Carragher references cannot be underplayed, and with Manchester City likely to get to at least the next rounds of the Carabao and FA Cup, that would mean an extra four games for Pep Guardiola's team.
"He's going to be a top, top player".
"We wanted to win this game to go to the next round, but the FA Cup is like this, you lose the game and you are out". His temperament, he's comfortable on the ball.
Next up for the Reds is a return to Premier League play as Liverpool face 13th-place Brighton over the weekend.
Paul Merson perhaps took Carragher's point too far last week when he claimed that Liverpool should exit the next round of the Champions League in order to boost their title charge, but you do sense that Liverpool's title challenge could hinge as much on the fitness of their key players as the fitness of Man City's. "The games keep coming thick and fast and hopefully we can get a few of the injured lads back as well".
- William not in the dog house after 'remembering' Kate's 37th birthday
- Bohemian Rhapsody played by Buckingham Palace Royal Guards after Golden Globes win
- Federer Breaks Down in Tears as He Remembers Late Coach
- Power of SA passport continues to drop in global ranking
- Google Assistant now comes with a real-time translator for 27 languages
- Vic Fangio to be hired as the Broncos’ new head coach
- Buccaneers To Hire Bruce Arians As Head Coach, Todd Bowles As DC
- Tournament of Champions: Xander Schauffele snatches Hawaii title
- Imran Khan congratulates India on maiden Test series win in Australia
- Fiji Water girl Kelleth Cuthbert star of show at Golden Globe Awards