She described Trump's address as roadblock coverage - "when the president's address appears on all five networks". Fox News deliveries declined from 8.22 million viewers during the presidential address to 7.86 million for the Pelosi-Schumer segment, a loss of 4 percent.
"I have invited congressional leadership to the White House tomorrow to get this done".
But with the shutdown directly tied to the border wall - Trump's demand of $5.7 billion to fund his border wall has been met with resistance in Congress - many are, rightfully, concerned that Trump will use this speech to spew racist insults and misinformation.
"For those who refuse to compromise in the name of in the name of border security, I would ask, imagine if it was your child, your husband or your wife whose life was so cruelly shattered and totally broken", Trump said. "A fine speech that vastly exceeded the ridiculously low expectations created by the media", said Rich Lowry, editor of conservative mainstay National Review , which has been oft-critical of the president. The Fox broadcast network and PBS will also carry the address, along with all the major cable news channels, including CNN.
On Monday evening CBS said yes, it would air the address, and NBC and ABC followed within minutes. Wallace replied that it would but this would not be enough because the Democrats still won the House in the midterms with the border wall being Trump's main issue. The symbol of America should be the Statue of Liberty, not a 30-foot wall. "Hopefully, we can rise above partisan politics in order to support national security", he said.
Journalists, public figures, and more have taken to Twitter to call for real-time fact checking, as well as other precautions. "President Trump, you want to talk about crises?" said Sanders.
Late-night television is back in the new year, but the government isn't.
A Trump 2020 campaign official said: "Net win".
Then came his joke: "They should either reject him outright, or if he insists on speaking in prime time, make him do it as a contestant on 'The Masked Singer, '" referencing the new singing competition show on Fox.
Pelosi and Schumer offered a brief rebuttal after Trump finished speaking.
- Timberwolves fire coach Tom Thibodeau
- Flu Season Has Kicked In… Here’s How to Protect Yourself
- Federer Breaks Down in Tears as He Remembers Late Coach
- Weak point in China economic system offers Beijing incentive for commerce deal
- Prosecutors in Georgia, Illinois Seeking Info on R. Kelly: Lawyer
- Jurgen Klopp told to replace two or three players by Reds hero
- AMD's 7nm Radeon Vega VII takes aim at Nvidia's RTX 2080
- Malaysia probes claim China offered to bail out 1MDB
- Pelosi and Schumer's response to Trump's shutdown address
- Major Networks Will Cover Schumer And Pelosi’s Rebuttal To Trump’s National Address