Meanwhile, Morocco worldwide and Borussia Dortmund defender Achraf Hakimi, who won the 2018 African Youth Player of the Year award, failed to make the team.
It was a good day for Egyptian football all round, with Egypt being awarded the right to host the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
The 26-year-old is coming off the back of a record breaking season, scoring the most goals in a Premier League season with 31, appearing in a Champions League final as well as representing Egypt in the World Cup, scoring two goals.
Last year saw him also retain the BBC African Footballer of the Year prize, as well as finishing sixth in the Ballon d'Or standings.
The Egyptian King collected his award at a ceremony in Senegal and ended up dancing with teammate Sadio Mane and a bunch people wearing traditional African dress.
The Egyptian had his share of setbacks past year, too, with an injury in the Champions League final loss to Real Madrid also keeping him out of a World Cup defeat by Uruguay.
Salah netted twice and missed two penalties three months later in a 6-0 Cup of Nations rout of Niger and snatched the late victor in a 3-2 victory over Tunisia in the same competition.
South Africa's Chrestinah Thembi Kgatlana was crowned the best in the women's category.
Having defended his Player of the Year title, his next goal will be to match the four straight wins in the competition by former Manchester City and Ivory Coast star Yaya Toure.
The Youth Player of the Year award went to Achraf Hakimi of Morocco, who plays for Borussia Dortmund of Germany.Morocco's Coach, Herve Renard beat Gernot Rohr to the Men's Coach of the Year crown, while surprise national team of the past year, Mauritania, won the Men's National Team of the Year.
- Vakoun Issouf Bayo joins Celtic from Dunajska Streda
- Tesla breaks ground on factory in Shanghai
- Was Alabama’s Loss To Clemson Latest Product Of ‘Drake Curse’ In Sports?
- Sears to Liquidate After Takeover Bid Falls Through
- Trump offers steel over concrete in border wall compromise
- Former Uber driver pleads guilty in deadly 2016 shooting spree
- Suspicious packages sent to consulates in Melbourne
- Susan Boyle makes emotional appearance on America’s Got Talent
- Manafort Suffering From Depression, Anxiety Due to Conditions in Jail - Filing
- Oil rises to $58.53; lifted by OPEC cuts, steadying stock market