The Cleveland Browns may have their next head coach almost decided.
The Browns reportedly have hired Freddie Kitchens to be their new coach. She says signs are pointing to that outcomes. With it being down to Kitchens and Stefanski, you'd have to wonder if the other is under consideration for offensive coordinator - and if so, is that a better job than the Vikings for Stefanski? "They know how we played at the end of the season, especially offensively", said Mayfield following the Browns' Week 17 loss against the Ravens regarding the coaching search. After Kitchens took over play-calling duties, Baker's completed 180-of-263 passes (68.4%) for 2,254 yards and 19 TDs to eight interceptions. The Browns even asked Stefanski who he would include on his coaching staff, should he get the job, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
Kitchens, who had his interview Monday, was one of seven candidates in the first round of interviews. They interviewed Dan Campbell of the New Orleans Saints, Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus and Patriots linebacker coach Brian Flores and interim head coach Gregg Williams.
The Browns went 5-3 in the second half of the season and finished with a 7-8-1 record.
Miscellaneous: Kitchens earned high school All-American honors and was named Mr. Football in the state of Alabama his senior season.
- Power of SA passport continues to drop in global ranking
- Pelosi and Schumer's response to Trump's shutdown address
- Federer Breaks Down in Tears as He Remembers Late Coach
- Rod Rosenstein set to leave U.S. Justice Department
- Imran Khan congratulates India on maiden Test series win in Australia
- Oil rises to $58.53; lifted by OPEC cuts, steadying stock market
- Was Alabama’s Loss To Clemson Latest Product Of ‘Drake Curse’ In Sports?
- Liverpool star Mohamed Salah retains African Player of the Year award
- Buccaneers To Hire Bruce Arians As Head Coach, Todd Bowles As DC
- Meghan's brother sends wedding invitation to her and Prince Harry