The missed kick, which went off the left upright and hit the crossbar, left Bears coach Matt Nagy in disbelief.
The collective football world sounded off about the missed field goal, including quotes from those involved in the game and a couple of speechless Eagles on Twitter.
That fact hasn't stopped salty Bears fans though, as many have started various GoFundMe campaigns to buy out the remaining $9 million guaranteed of Parkey's four-year, $15 million contract.
No, you (probably) can't hit a 43-yard field goal.
"It's going to be a tall task this week", Foles said.
That's what one Chicago brewery is banking on in an effort to defend Chicago Bears kicker Cody Parkey. When I saw it going in, I turned back around [away from the goal posts]. Supposedly, although Parkey's first attempt (after the timeout was called) sailed through the uprights, it didn't have much distance. People around the country took to social media to criticize, threaten, demean, humiliate, and attack the 2014 Pro Bowl kicker following his first season wearing a Bears uniform. It may simply be that Hester made a play.
Immediately after the kick, NFL Network reporter Ian Rapoport revealed his colleague Mike Garafolo texted him predicting Parkey would hit the upright with his kick.
- Apple Is The Star Of CES 2019 and They’re Not Even Here
- Pep Guardiola warned by FA after touchline behaviour against Liverpool
- PG&E shares plunge on bankruptcy worries
- Kliff Kingsbury is interviewing with National Football League teams after all
- Kendall Jenner is Proactiv's Latest Spokesperson
- A Special Peek at Marvel Studios’ ‘Captain Marvel’
- Jurgen Klopp requested about January transfers - Liverpool followers WON'T like the reply
- ‘Simmba’ continues stronghold over box office, is a certified blockbuster
- Disneyland set to increase prices, again
- Trump to travel to Southern border Thursday, Sarah Sanders says