Ohio State head coach Ryan Day announced Monday that Schiano, the Buckeyes' defensive coordinator for the last three seasons, would be leaving the program to "pursue options in the National Football League".
Additionally, Ohio State defensive line coach Larry Johnson has been promoted to associate head coach, but will still oversee the defensive line unit.
New head coach Ryan Day is certainly already making his mark on the program. During his three seasons with the 49ers, none of their young defensive backs ever improved. "I like having a diversity of opinion, but even more I like the expertise and experience that Jeff has in the secondary coupled with the expertise that Greg brings to the front seven".
Hafley was one of the worst position coaches on the team.
The first time Greg Mattison left MI he wound up at Notre Dame.
Stay tuned for an official announcement from Ohio State. Mattison has been the defensive line coach under Jim Harbaugh for the past four seasons.
Mattison left Lloyd Carr's staff for Notre Dame in 1996. He was almost hired to serve as the coach at Tennessee until fan outrage forced the Volunteers to backtrack and change their mind.
His defense at Ohio State was a let down in 2018. The Buckeyes defense looked pathetic at times this year, and there's no excuse for that with the talent OSU has on the roster.
- Now, a biopic on Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Chance the Rapper apologizes for working with R. Kelly
- WTA Auckland: Julia Goerges beats Bianca Andreescu to make history
- Hackers release private data of hundreds of German lawmakers and journalists
- A Special Peek at Marvel Studios’ ‘Captain Marvel’
- British government concerned after Russian Federation detains United Kingdom citizen on espionage charges
- PG&E shares plunge on bankruptcy worries
- Job growth surges, unemployment ticks up. Why?
- World Bank President Jim Yong Kim Resigns Before End of Term
- Apple Trolls Google & Amazon With Billboard at CES