These days? The LCD and Plasma TVs of yesterday have been succeeded by more high tech devices, 4K TVs which come equipped with online access and a middle finger to traditional network stations as the likes of Netflix and YouTube make for more gripping entertainment.
Samsung previously announced that it intends to sell MicroLED TVs to consumers in the USA in 2019, taking advantage of the new-generation displays' thinner panels.
Featuring leading-edge self-emissive technology and modular capabilities, Samsung's Micro LED displays deliver unparalleled picture quality, versatility and design.
"At last year's CES, Samsung introduced Micro LED by unveiling The Wall, the critically acclaimed, award-winning 146" Micro LED display. It did say that a consumer version of The Wall will be launched in 2019.
Technical advancements have enabled Samsung to create this modular 4K MicroLED display in a smaller and more consumer-friendly 75-inch size.
Despite the addition of more modules, Micro LED displays pledge to increase picture resolution, whilst keeping pixel density constant. Additionally, Micro LED can support everything from the standard 16:9 content, to 21:9 widescreen films, to unconventional aspect ratios like 32:9, or even 1:1 - without having to make any compromises in its picture quality.
The Micro LED's modular nature also offers flexibility in screen size that allows users to customize it to fit any room or space.
Since there are no bezels between the modules, The Wall displays are completely bezel-free.
These displays can also optimize the content regardless of the size and shape of the screen. This provides for an impressive, infinity pool effect which enables the display to blend into any living environment.
- Samsung announce Smart TVs will soon have AirPlay 2 and iTunes support
- Rami Malek, 'Bohemian Rhapsody' score upset wins at Golden Globes
- House defies Trump veto threat, passes funding plan without wall
- Egypt tried blocking Sisi CBS interview on cooperation with Israel: Network
- The Official Coachella 2019 Lineup Has Arrived
- Medvedev ousts Tsonga in Brisbane semi
- Young Saudi teen Rahaf Mohammed held in Thailand fears death if repatriated
- Pentagon chief of staff Kevin Sweeney resigns
- China cuts bank reserves, taxes to save economy
- December jobs report: 312,000 jobs added in December