Kevin Spacey arrives at Nantucket District Court for his arraignment.
Kevin Spacey must stay away from the young man who accused him of groping him at a MA bar in 2016, a judge ordered Monday.
The felony charge comes from a 2016 incident in which the House of Cards actor is alleged to have stuck his hands down an 18-year-old's trousers and grabbed his genitals after buying him drinks at a Nantucket restaurant.
Spacey did not enter a plea.
The judge swiftly denied his request, taking only a few hours to rule that the actor must attend.
Prosecutors announced charges against Spacey on Christmas Eve.
The erstwhile "House of Cards" star waived his next court appearance, scheduled for March 4.
More than 30 men have said they were victims of unwanted sexual advances by Spacey, who became embroiled in controversy after actor Anthony Rapp in October 2017 accused him of trying to seduce him in 1986 when Rapp was 14.
The allegations were made by the son of a former TV presenter who claimed the Oscar-winning actor sexually assaulted him at Nantucket's Club Car Restaurant in July 2016.
Jackson, has sought to poke holes in the case, noting that the teenager didn't immediately report the allegations.
"My client is leading by example".
"My client is a determined and encouraging voice for those victims not yet ready to report being sexually assaulted", attorney Mitchell Garabedian said in an email.
Wearing a grey suit and appearing composed, Mr Spacey arrived at the packed courtroom on Monday after arriving on his private jet.
Once one of Hollywood's most famous and recognizable actors, Spacey's career collapsed in November 2017 following several allegations of sexual assault and harassment.
The actor's request was filed by his attorneys last week, who argued "presence will amplify the negative publicity already generated in connection with this case".
On the same day that Spacey was charged with felony sexual assault, the actor released a video on his social media accounts, in which he seemed to be channeling his deceased House of Cards character, Frank Underwood, and lashed out at his accusers and their supporters. It was unclear whether he was referring to the charge.
Spacey then allegedly invited him back to his place, along with some other friends.
- Pentagon chief of staff Kevin Sweeney resigns
- Houston wins praise for handling of girl's drive-by shooting
- Amazon finally answers how many Alexa devices have been sold
- Lakers star (groin) remains out, to be re-evaluated in a week
- Pakistan, UAE Agree To Work On Afghan Peace
- Death At National Park Unreported For Week Amid Government Shutdown
- British PM Theresa May could further delay Brexit vote
- Xi’s comment on ‘force’ in Taiwan is not just rhetoric
- 39-year-old Karlovic reaches Maharashtra Open final | AP sports
- Samsung Takes New TVs to The Window, to The Wall