The first footage from the final season of "Game of Thrones" has finally arrived in a commercial to promote what lies ahead for HBO in 2019... Most notably for nearly everyone on Earth, the teaser contains the first Game of Thrones season 8 footage - a meeting between Daenerys, her new bae Jon Snow, and half-sister-but-actually-cousin Sansa Stark.
The scene also features Jon Snow (Kit Harington), Ser Jorah Mormont (Iain Glen), and Brienne of Tarth (Gwendoline Christie). Aside from this, with Jon absent from Winterfell for the majority of Season 7, perhaps Sansa discovered that she has a talent for ruling and won't give up her status willingly? I know I'm looking forward to the reunions between Arya and Jon and Tyrion and Sansa in particular.
True Detective returns January 13, Game of Thrones returns in April and Veep will return sometime in this spring.
The finale season is set to premiere in April this year.
The final season of Game of Thrones will also be the show's shortest, spanning just six episodes.
The first look was part of HBO's 2019 line-up trailer.
Fresh (if exceedingly brief) footage from Season 8 was teased during an ad break alongside peeks at fellow HBO shows Watchmen, Veep, True Detective and Euphoria. Plus, we got our first official look at the upcoming Watchmen series which promises to be an exciting affair.
- Xi’s comment on ‘force’ in Taiwan is not just rhetoric
- Stocks Soar, Treasurys Plunge as Fears Subside Over Economic Growth, Fed Policy
- China cuts bank reserves, taxes to save economy
- Malaysia's king abdicates throne months after marrying Russian beauty queen
- Carter urges Congo vote to reflect people’s will
- Golden Globes 2019: Arab designers dress up the stars
- Cowboys fight past Seahawks for NFC wild-card win
- Lakers star (groin) remains out, to be re-evaluated in a week
- Rami Malek, 'Bohemian Rhapsody' score upset wins at Golden Globes
- Young Saudi teen Rahaf Mohammed held in Thailand fears death if repatriated