He said: "Thank you to Satan for giving me inspiration for playing this role".
Anyone's who's ever watched an American awards show in the history of forever has seen more than their fare share of breathy acting types look skyward and thank God for their remarkable talents.
Regardless of just where that inspiration came from, Bale was committed to the role, gaining 60 pounds for the part and has also earned SAG and Critics' Choice Awards for his portrayal of Cheney. In his acceptance speech, Bale threw a strong jab at the subject of the film and decided to make his feelings about Cheney very clear.
James Franco won the Golden Globe for best actor in a comedy or musical past year for "The Disaster Artist". He has previously won Best Supporting Actor in 2011 for "The Fighter".
After thanking his wife Sibi Blazic as well as various co-stars from from the film, including Steve Carell, Amy Adams and Sam Rockwell, the actor proceeded to attack both the man he played in the film, Dick Cheney, as well as the current Republican Senate Majority Leader, Mitch McConnell. I can sink and ruin a perfectly good movie and so-so career in one speech. He also caught the attention of the Church of Satan, which responded by noting that, to them, Satan is a source of pride. "Hail Christian! Hail Satan!". "So thank you for that advice, my love".
- House defies Trump veto threat, passes funding plan without wall
- Tesla’s Musk says Shanghai factory breaking ground
- Rain prevents play in Australia-India Test
- Young Saudi teen Rahaf Mohammed held in Thailand fears death if repatriated
- India series win 12 months in making, says very proud Kohli
- First snippet of Game of Thrones season 8
- Nvidia Announces RTX 2060 Video Card, Price Starts At $350
- British PM Theresa May could further delay Brexit vote
- Lakers star (groin) remains out, to be re-evaluated in a week
- Malaysia's king abdicates throne months after marrying Russian beauty queen