Other interesting details shared include Amazon shying away from specifics about the Alexa devices.
So what will Google and Amazon's daisy-chained voice assistant be capable of? As opposed to iPhones and Android devices which come with these assistant's built in by default.
New TVs will be able to respond to voice commands issued to Alexa and Google Assistant-powered smart speakers, not through the TV directly.
What is Google Assistant?
This mind-blowing figure is far ahead of the number of smartphones with Siri or Google Assistant preinstalled. There are more than 150 products with Alexa built in, more than 28,000 smart home devices that work with Alexa made by more than 4,500 different manufacturers, and over 70,000 Alexa skills. As we mentioned earlier the tech was first showcased at last year's CES.
You can control the volume of the TV, turn your TV on and off, switch inputs, or launch select apps via Google Assistant and Alexa. It may sound small compared to 1 billion, but 100 million devices is also a significant feat, especially when you consider that those are primarily non-smartphone gadgets. "I don't think it falls into a sporting event, when there's only going to be one victor", he said. Google claims that "active users of the Google Assistant grew 4 times over the past year" and that its distribution jumped from 14 countries in eight languages in 2017 to 80 countries in 30 languages in 2018, but it doesn't give an exact number of active users. "And beyond that, the Assistant is being quite heavily used across these devices as well".
- Young Saudi teen Rahaf Mohammed held in Thailand fears death if repatriated
- The Official Coachella 2019 Lineup Has Arrived
- Golden Globes 2019: The Fiji Water Girl Is Everyone's New Idol
- British PM Theresa May could further delay Brexit vote
- Nvidia Announces RTX 2060 Video Card, Price Starts At $350
- First snippet of Game of Thrones season 8
- December jobs report: 312,000 jobs added in December
- Lakers star (groin) remains out, to be re-evaluated in a week
- Egypt tried blocking Sisi CBS interview on cooperation with Israel: Network
- House defies Trump veto threat, passes funding plan without wall