Snow will taper off Friday morning, and cold air is expected to arrive after the winter blast with an overnight low Friday of 6 below zero and a high Saturday of 10.
A Colorado low tracking towards the Great Lakes and northeastward across the regions will give heavy snow and blowing snow.
A winter storm moving across the Midwest and the Plains Tuesday caused travel delays and hazards across multiple states, including North and South Dakota, Minnesota, Kansas and Nebraska.
Atlanta, New York City, Boston and Houston - most of which fall in Winter Storm Eboni's path - are likely to be the most congested over the next few days.
Cold wind chill values are also expected with the passage of the cold front on Friday or Friday night. The post-Christmas storm was snarling travel following the holiday, and more than a foot of snow was expected in some areas.
Snow accumulations may be in the 15 to 25 centimetre range.
Strong northeasterly winds with gusts to 60 kilometres per hour.
They expect the low-pressure storm system to drop at least six inches of snow from northeastern Colorado to eastern North and South Dakota before sweeping through northern Minnesota and the Upper Peninsula of MI. CNN reports that this affects about four million people, with heavy snow - up to 12 inches in some parts - wind and near-blizzard conditions expected through Friday.
Rapidly accumulating snow could make travel hard over some locations. "Travel will be very hard to impossible". Please practice caution if you're traveling.
Winter storm watches are issued when multiple types of severe winter weather are expected to occur together.
- Japan to resume commercial whaling, but not in Antarctic
- Arsenal’s Henrikh Mkhitaryan out for six weeks with fractured metatarsal
- Sudanese police fire tear gas on people protesting higher bread prices
- Stores stay open for last-minute shoppers on Christmas Eve
- Man United player loyal to Mourinho reportedly pushed for his sack
- Bizarre Kevin Spacey "House of Cards" Video Racks Up Millions of Views
- Moroccan suspects in killing of Scandinavian women were acting alone, official says
- Australia vs India: Sachin Tendulkar criticises Perth pitch rating
- Japan court OKs 10-day detention for Nissan's ex-chair Ghosn
- New Xiaomi POCO Phone Expected To Launch Tomorrow