The claim from Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, is at the heart of the campaign finance violations that Trump's former attorney and fixer, Michael Cohen, has pleaded guilty to in NY federal court for facilitating so-called hush-money payments to Daniels and another women in order for them to stay quiet just ahead of Election Day in 2016.
The judge ruled that Daniels would have to pay attorneys' fees on December 4, at which point, Avenatti also turned the attention toward the NDA case.
"There is a total defeat for Stormy Daniels in this case", Charles Harder, an attorney for Trump, said in a statement.
Her attorney in the case, Michael Avenatti, told Fortune via email, "Charles Harder and Trump both can't do basic math".
The judge said that Trump's lawyers had spent "excessive" time on the case and ordered the adult film star to cough up 75 per cent of the US President's legal fees and an additional Dollars 1,000 in sanctions, as per the report. The ct awarded well less than 1/2, recognizing that the request was gross & excessive.
In a statement, Harder called the ruling "a total victory for the President".
US District Judge S. James Otero said Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, must pay Trump $293,000 to cover the president's attorney fees and costs plus $1,000 in sanctions for filing the lawsuit.
"Trump and his attorney's attempt to fool the public about the importance of the attorneys' fees in the defamation case, which are a fraction of what they owe my client in the main NDA case, is an absolute joke", he tweeted.
Trump has denied any sexual relationship with Daniels, though he has admitted to authorizing the $130,000 payment.
After a sketch artist released a rendering of the man Daniels alleged intimidated her while she was with her daughter, Trump declared on Twitter that it was a drawing of a "nonexistent man".
"The court agrees with Mr. Trump's argument because the tweet in question constitutes "rhetorical hyperbole" normally associated with politics and public discourse in the U.S.", Otero said at the time.
The lawsuit is one of two that Daniels has filed against Trump.
- Joel Embiid ‘Frustrated’ With Role On 76ers Since Jimmy Butler Trade
- British PM to visit Dublin for Brexit deal talks
- Miley Cyrus Calls This Disney Movie The Most Heartbreaking Movie Ever
- New Opening Movie Trailer For Kingdom Hearts III
- Doubt cast over tomorrow's crucial Brexit deal vote
- Docs: 16-year-old killed Indiana HS student over her pregnancy
- Liverpool and Tottenham through to Champions League last-16 after dramatic night
- Lomachenko beats Pedraza to unify lightweight belts
- Theresa May Faces Decision Day on Whether to Delay Ill-Fated Brexit Vote
- Check out Google's Pixel 3 Lite XL renders leak