Lukaku helped Belgium reach the World Cup semi-finals in Russian Federation with four goals but the United star has struggled for the Red Devils this season, managing just six from 15 matches in all competitions.
The Belgium global has claimed that he believes his form has been hampered by the extra muscle mass that he gained in preparation for the World Cup in Russian Federation over the summer. That was something that when I came back I knew straightaway "nah, nah, I can not play in this style like this".
He also talked about post-tournament fatigue: "After the World Cup, I think I really was a bit exhausted". 'I played with not enough aggression, I think.
"So now I think I am at a decent level again and ready to go again".
With Manchester United's comfortable victory over Fulham moving them to 6th in the table, FOX Sports Asia takes a look at the major talking points from the game at Old Trafford.
All said and done, Mata undeniably added some much-needed gloss to United's attack and more than filled up the void left by Paul Pogba's absence from the starting line-up.
'Me and the manager had good conversations in the last couple of days, where really he told me what he wanted from me.
While Lukaku scored four in six tournament appearances in Russian Federation, plus twice in a friendly beforehand, he admitted the need to slim back down. "I had a hamstring injury, which is something that never happens to me".
Lukaku has struggled in front of goal this season for United.
If he returns to the side, he's likely to be playing alongside Juan Mata, who scored one of United's four goals against the Cottagers on Saturday.
"I think I just need to keep working hard", he said. Today I think I played with intensity like everybody else'. It was really intense because we got so close to absolute glory. "I just keep looking forward and improving, trying to add to my game and to help the team to win". "I'm still hungry for more", he said.
- Supreme Court sides with Planned Parenthood in funding fight
- France yellow vest protests: Macron promises wage rise
- TIME's Shortlist For 2018 Person Of The Year
- Nicki Minaj Vacations with New Man
- China's Huawei executive bail hearing adjourned to Tuesday
- Visa Denied For Father Of Slain Lumberton Girl
- Blitzboks make ideal start to Cape Town 7s
- Cristiano Ronaldo challenges Lionel Messi to join him in Serie A
- Assembly polls: Counting to begin at 8am
- Over 1,700 arrested in latest 'yellow vest' protests in France