He might have been one of the brawniest kangaroos that ever lived.
Roger had 1.3 million Facebook and Instagram followers, and was housed in an Australian kangaroo sanctuary after his mother was killed by a passing auto.
"Roger was our alpha male for many years and grew up to be a kangaroo that people from all over the world have grown to love as much as we love him too", Barnes said.
Sadly, it has emerged in recent days that Roger has passed away of old age - he was 12, kangaroos have a life expectancy of 8-12 years - with The Kangaroo Sanctuary posting a photo of him looking completely relaxed (and still incredibly buff) just a few days before he passed away.
Mr Barns set up the sanctuary as a place to raise him. He weighed about 90kg and stood at about two metres tall.
Other young orphaned 'roos joined Roger at the site and now, about 50 marsupials live there.
Farewell our darling Roger ❤️Sadly Roger has passed away of old age.
Roger was just a joey when he was pulled out of his mother's pouch by driver Chris Barns after she was hit by a auto and killed.
He will be buried at the sanctuary, Barns told the ABC. "We will always love you and miss you Roger". He was a glorious 12 years old.
Meanwhile a UK-based couple took to Facebook to say they were "truly saddened" to learn about the kangaroo's death, before adding he was a "magnificent chap and much loved here, in the United Kingdom, as well as all over the world". "He was relaxing before a big feed". Thank you everyone for your attractive messages about Roger.
- Heisman Trophy Winner Kyler Murray Apologizes for Old Offensive Tweets
- Adam Schiff: 'Very Real Prospect' Donald Trump Faces 'Jailtime'
- Man City's Guardiola wants champions, not invincibles after Chelsea defeat
- Offset Says He Misses Cardi B After Their Split - See His Tweet
- India Win Historic Test at Adelaide, Beat Australia by 31 Runs
- Harry Redknapp Crowned 'I'm A Celebrity' Winner During Live Final
- Here's what we know about the unresolved House race in North Carolina
- Deepika stuns in red at Isha Ambani's pre-wedding function
- China calls on Canada to free Huawei CFO or face consequences
- Ayers may not have 'gravitas' to be Trump's new chief of staff