Considering all of the hype and anticipation that's built up over the past few weeks for its arrival, it will come as little surprise to hear that yesterday's Avengers: Endgame trailer managed to shatter the record for most views in its first 24 hours. The view count was tabulated with stats from YouTube, Facebook and Twitter (Billboard's figures are calculated in a similarly confusing way).
The previous record-holder, as it happens, was the last film in the series - Avengers: Infinity War, which attracted 230 million views in the same time frame.
Ever since the shocking events of Avengers: Infinity War, audiences have been eager to see what's next for Earth's Mightiest in their fight against Thanos. Beloved Marvel characters such as Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Star Lord, and Black Panther all turned to dust. With constant buzz and speculation reaching its highest point as we speak, Marvel fans in India had directly asked the Russo Brothers and Marvel, that, where indeed is the Avengers 4 trailer!
However, I would like to say that I don't trust anything in Marvel trailers anymore. The third was the "Lion King" teaser with 224.6 million views, according to Disney. "Infinity War" broke the record for biggest opening weekend of all time with $257 million, and it now appears "Endgame" has a chance of making even more over its first three days.
- UK Court Orders Extradition Of Vijay Mallya [Read Judgment]
- Man City's Guardiola wants champions, not invincibles after Chelsea defeat
- Heisman Trophy Winner Kyler Murray Apologizes for Old Offensive Tweets
- Bucks improve to 2-0 against Raptors with win in Toronto
- Here's what we know about the unresolved House race in North Carolina
- Samsung Galaxy S10 screen sizes revealed
- NASA’s new Mars robot just sent back some awesome photos
- Nobody can point the finger at us says Mourinho
- Ayers may not have 'gravitas' to be Trump's new chief of staff
- US senators blast Saudi prince over Khashoggi, after CIA chief briefing