Lt. Christopher White, Corps Officer with the Salvation Army, said that he has never seen anything like what he experienced before, certainly not in Jefferson City, according to KOMU. They say it's partially because they don't have enough workers to man all the locations. We had no phone calls or messages about it beforehand.
Donations in the kettles are now below last year's totals due to the continued cold weather, Salvation Army officials said. Right now, we are at just 25% of that goal.
Bell ringers outside of Kroger stores are noticeably further away from the front door than in years past.
"We must find a balance between access for charities and customers' concerns about solicitations". Please contact your local Salvation Army for more information.
The Salvation Army red kettles are out in Norwalk to support their largest fundraising activity of the year.
"Making money for the poor, people that need it", he said. According to Major James Jones of the McKeesport Service Center, his kettle funds are down more than $10,000 vs a year ago.
The Salvation Army has provided food, clothing, disaster relief, shelter, and other social services to the Orlando area for nearly 100 years.
The Salvation Army assists single mothers, seniors, families with children and those who are at risk of losing their permanent housing. They think it may be because some of their partners that let them stand outside the days leading up to Thanksgiving, didn't allow them this year.
- Oil producers join forces and cut production again
- Man City suffer 1st loss of season against Chelsea
- Radio stations ban "Baby, It's Cold Outside" in the Me Too era
- FIFA Ranking: Black Queens drop in latest ranking
- Messi's free-kick magic keeps Barcelona top of LaLiga
- Tennessee inmate chooses electric chair over lethal injection
- Shah Rukh and Gauri Khan leave for Isha Ambani’s wedding celebrations
- James Comey: Firing Mueller Won't End Russia Probe
- Gerrard frustrated by Rangers’ lack of discipline in Aberdeen defeat
- Twitter Reacts To Greg Hardy, Rachael Ostovich On The Same Card