New Southampton boss Ralph Hasenhuttl has revealed that he was never contacted in regards to the Arsenal job, despite being linked for the role.
51-year-old signed with the saints a three-year agreement.
He said: "At 3-0 maybe we drop a little bit in our concentration I think we start to think the game was over and always it is so unsafe when there is so much time to play". "It's true that Southampton created more - it's unlucky for them because they had good chances".
"I'm delighted to be back in the team and to get the three points".
With Hasenhuettl assessing his players, left back Matt Targett produced some lax defending that allowed Spurs to take a ninth-minute lead.
Spurs goalkeeper Loris somehow got his fingertips to a swerving effort from Pierre Hojbjerg and tipped it on to the post.
"After Cardiff [on Saturday], we have a lot of time to work with the tactical basics, but also with their mind".
Afterwards, interim manager Kelvin Davis said: "We conceded three goals and our standards are better than that".
Ralph Hasenhuttl was in the stands to watch Southampton go down to a Premier League defeat at the hands of Tottenham.
Cardiff's latest win lifts them up to 14th in the Premier League table and four points above the relegation zone, and Warnock has praised the fans for helping his side produce their strong home form.
Insisting he will look to continue the club's record of promoting from the academy, Hasenhuttl said: "We've just had a look at the players we have now; I want to bring them to their limits".
Southampton, who are 18th, are now winless in 13 matches in all competitions, their longest such run since hitting the same number between May and October 1998.
The England striker scored a hat-trick in this fixture last season and has now scored seven times in his last six league games against Saints.
"My goal is to develop them as quickly as possible".
Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger said: "The urgency to find a path back to our potential and to the results that we expect can not be underestimated".
- Derek Fisher hired as head coach of WNBA's LA Sparks
- Apple Is Now Selling Clear $39 iPhone Xr Cases
- All-new Skoda Scala hatchback unveiled
- USS McCampbell, U.S. Navy destroyer, challenges Russian Federation in Sea of Japan
- North Carolina Republican owes money for disputed absentee ballot work
- Satellite images show activity at a missile base in North Korea
- What is YouTube Rewind 2018? (+ How to Watch)
- Turkish president praises Venezuela’s leader in 1st visit
- Messi Is Overrated - Pele Declares
- Red Sox RHP Eovaldi signs four-year deal