"It's very hard for me to back them and protect them 24 hours after a team meeting about controlling discipline".
"Tonight was a really good opportunity and a hard test for us - but one that I had confidence that we could pass".
"We always said it might be scrappy and we put them under pressure in the second half and they started kicking it out a bit".
"We say to the young boys all the time that to be an Aberdeen player you have to have that mentality and make sure every performance is right up there".
McInnes' only disappointment was the red card handed out to striker Sam Cosgrove. It was a coming together.
The Scotland global had to wait a long time for his chance in the Bhoys' first team, and he is determined not to give it up without a fight.
RANGERS are back in Ladbrokes Premiership action at Ibrox tomorrow night with Aberdeen the visitors, and there will be a bumper 84-page programme on sale outside the stadium in the build-up to kick-off.
Docherty said: "Obviously their home form has been good and they carry a goal threat".
"We go to Ibrox as a team high on confidence as the level of performance we put in the other night at Hampden will win most games in the Premiership".
"In the second half our positioning was better but we were still too loose".
"Then if you don't take chances you're vulnerable at the end of the game".
The Hoops trail Kilmarnock by a point, but have two games in hand, while Motherwell stay ninth.
"But from our perspective it's a poor goal to lose".
"We played them twice without two recognised centre forwards so this is an opportunity to show how good and how strong we are against a good Aberdeen team". We didn't win the first ball, the second, the third, and he scores from a very narrow angle.
"We'll recover and look forward to playing at home as it feels like ages since we played at home".
- Kyiv Says Russia Blocking Kerch Strait, Plans To Send Ukrainian Navy Ships
- Radio stations ban "Baby, It's Cold Outside" in the Me Too era
- Data show a job market that's slowing, or at least pausing
- Mexican volunteer crowned 68th Miss World
- Twitter Reacts To Greg Hardy, Rachael Ostovich On The Same Card
- Theresa May's Brexit deal is 'huge step into unknown', MPs say
- National Weather Service issues Winter Storm Warning for several northern Arkansas counties
- Army tops Navy for eighth straight win
- Messi's free-kick magic keeps Barcelona top of LaLiga
- Trump administration rolls back coal rules