Erdoğan, the first Turkish president to visit Venezuela, said that bilateral trade between Turkey and Venezuela has jumped more than six-fold over the previous year, exceeding $1 billion in the three quarters of 2018.
One of the agreements formalizes cooperation between the state-owned oil companies Petróleos de Venezuela S.A. (PDVSA) and the Turkish Petroleum International Company, in addition to an agreement to avoid double taxation and tax evasion.
Trade between the two countries reached 800 million dollars in 2017, officials said.
While the markets of other countries on Localbitcoins demonstrated moderate trading volume last week, Venezuela, shows a trend to further increase the volume of bitcoin trade.
Maduro has become increasingly isolated in the world under growing sanctions led by the USA and the European Union which accuse him of undermining democratic institutions to hold onto power, while overseeing an economic and political crisis worse than the Great Depression.
"Whatever Venezuela produces, it has a right to sell in the world", Maduro said.
As a result of inefficient economic policies and failed experiments, that Venezuelan consumers in the end pay a high price, which includes the compulsory government-approved cryptocurrency Petro.
Putin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said ahead of the meeting that Maduro had traveled to Moscow specifically to ask Russian Federation - itself the target of U.S. sanctions - for financial assistance.
Maduro has repeatedly blamed a US-led economic war for the crisis, saying Washington is plotting to topple his government.
"We also signed a contract to guarantee all the wheat - 600,000 tonnes of wheat for the bread of the Venezuelan people", said an ebullient Maduro in the message.
- Why the Yield Curve Inverts in One Simple Picture - Mish Talk
- Durant: Environment around LeBron is 'toxic'
- SpaceX Falcon 9 First Stage Spins Out Of Control, Lands In Ocean
- New tool diagnoses cancer in 10 minutes
- Fallout 76 Customer Personal Information Leaked by Bethesda Support
- I'm ready to fight Deontay Wilder or Tyson Fury: Anthony Joshua
- Israel's Netanyahu hails UN Hamas vote despite defeat
- Liverpool FC owner’s wife salutes Mo Salah after his hat-trick
- Why Was George H.W. Bush Called Poppy Bush?
- The sound of Mars