There is "no evidence of foul play" in the case of a British backpacker who has gone missing in Auckland, police say.
The disappearance of Grace Millane, 22, is now the subject of a police investigation in Auckland.
A British backpacker who was staying in an Auckland hostel has been missing for five days.
Detective Inspector Scott Beard this afternoon said her disappearance was "out of character", after her family in the United Kingdom raised the alarm on Monday.
She had previously been in "constant contact" with her family using messaging service 'WhatsApp'.
Grace had two mobile phones with her but they go straight to voicemail if people ring, her brother said.
Detective Inspector Scott Beard of Auckland City Police said Millane had not made any contact with her family for days.
Michael said: "She just wanted to see the world after graduating from university".
Millane urged anybody who had seen or spoken to his daughter over the past week to contact police.
"We tried ringing up the hostel, which is the Base Backpackers in Auckland, which were very helpful trying to track her down", her brother said.
She was last seen wearing a black dress with what is believed to be white Converse sneakers.
Before New Zealand she had spent four weeks travelling in South America.
The radio silence was "unusual" for Grace, Declan Millane said.
"We are unable to make further comment while police are investigating the matter".
"The longer this goes on the more concerning it is".
She approximately 5ft 6in (168cm) in height, and 58 kg.
Grace Millane had been in New Zealand for about two weeks.
Tony McLeod, British High Commission Wellington consular manager, said the commission was aware of the missing person report.
On Wednesday, police received a missing person's report regarding the English national, who is now visiting New Zealand on holiday.
- Trump is leading US trade negotiations with China: Mnuchin
- Cardinals strike gold, get Goldschmidt from Diamondbacks
- Trump Nominates New Attorney General
- The Palace Has Released A Rare Statement About Meghan And Kate's 'Feud'
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez commits to paying her interns $15 an hour
- Easy for Real Madrid in Spanish Copa del Rey
- Tyler Perry Surprises Layaway Shoppers At Two Atlanta-Area Walmarts
- Google boots Cheetah Mobile, Kika apps after fraud allegations
- Brie Larson battles in space in the new Captain Marvel trailer
- Jean Segura is a good fit for the Phillies on multiple levels