The next game in the series, Far Cry: New Dawn, picks up where Far Cry 5's unexpected conclusion left off. Far Cry New Dawn will be a standalone sequel to Far Cry 5 in a post-apocalyptic setting. It looks like rural Montana, which means "New Dawn" is possibly a direct sequel to "Far Cry 5".
Far Cry 5 dropped players into the fictionalized Hope County, Montana, where you and your strike team of Federal Bureau of Investigation agents attempted to end a cult's hold over the region.
A Devil May Cry 5 demo - or the first demo, as Capcom calls it, will be available for free today exclusively on Xbox One. The Cameo System, the game's multiplayer-inspired feature, was also revealed.
Ubisoft adds further gameplay details: "At the Homebase, players will prepare to face off against the threat of the Highwaymen". The Saw Launcher, for example, hurls singular circular saws to start out with, but eventually three can fire at once.
Regardless, Specialists still mostly exist to fill the absence of a real-life co-op pal, which was the best way to play Far Cry 5. There is also Nana, an elderly lady who is a stealthy sniper, described as a sharp shooter with a sharp tongue. There will be a new dog, though, named Timber, and unlike Boomer he'll have the ability to actually ride around with you in vehicles. There's Horatio a giant hog. New Dawn thrusts some rusty, makeshift weapons into the hands of players and has them explore the nuclear wasteland, much like Fallout. Based on the freaky - but very real - phenomenon of "super bloom". As resources are harvested, the home base facilities improve, with upgrades to the Training Camp, Garage, Healing Garden, and Cartographer among others. Led by the sinister twin sister duo of Mickey and Lou, their collective of rag-tag ravagers sport a mix of helmets, goggles, and shoulder pads - which basically sees them looking like a really, really, overcompetitive Paintball team.
Far Cry 5, which hit in March, broke sales records for Ubisoft.
The game seems to have been set in the aftermath of the decimation caused by the nuke in Hope County in Montana at the end of Far Cry 5.
- Fallout 76 Customer Personal Information Leaked by Bethesda Support
- Fiat Panda panned by safety chiefs
- Tua Tagovailoa and Kyler Murray split honors at College Football Awards
- Red Sox RHP Eovaldi signs four-year deal
- Charlottesville: White nationalist found guilty of murder for driving vehicle into counterprotester
- Houthi Fighters Evacuated From Yemen
- Israel calls for global response to Hezbollah tunnels
- Conditions met for Assange to leave Ecuador embassy in London
- SpaceX Falcon 9 First Stage Spins Out Of Control, Lands In Ocean
- White House chief of staff Kelly to resign in days, reports CNN