Barca appear to have quite a strict wage hierarchy and don't want to break that - something that they worry PSG, and potentially Manchester City, aren't so fussed about.
Frenkie de Jong remains firmly committed to Ajax for the immediate future, says his agent, as rumours continue to swirl on the Dutchman's future.
"Frenkie is guaranteed to stay with Ajax until the summer and I cannot say anything about it". It is a compliment to the youth academy and to the development of the players that takes place here.
But for now it's all eyes on De Jong - who is expected to make his £67million move to one of Europe's giants in the summer.
"It is nearly certain that De Jong, 21, will exchange Ajax for Paris Saint-Germain", popular tabloid De Telegraaf said.
AJAX star Frenkie de Jong would prefer a move to Paris Saint-Germain over Manchester City, according to reports.
"Beyond denying these totally erroneous and ridiculous stories, and with the chance of recreating a climate of great tensions between the club and this medium, PSG asks, once again, about the intellectual honesty of L 'Equipe and the hidden motives of its editorial line on PSG", the statement read. However, with numerous side's interested in De Jong's signature, this certainly has the potential to develop into an incredibly eventful transfer saga.
"We'll see if he goes to Paris".
Hasan Salihamidzic, who is sporting director at the Allianz Arena, told reporters when quizzed about De Jong: "He's a good player, no doubt about that".
On praise for him from PSG forward Kylian Mbappe, he said: "It makes me happy to hear what Mbappe said about me".
- Tua Tagovailoa and Kyler Murray split honors at College Football Awards
- Trump Told Associate to Stop Calling John Kelly
- Israel calls for global response to Hezbollah tunnels
- Donald Trump throws his support behind Paris 'yellow vest' protests
- Google Says Goodbye to Allo
- Google starts eSIM program for phone makers
- Satellite images show activity at a missile base in North Korea
- Bucks Acquire Jason Smith From Wizards As Part Of Three-Way Trade
- Iwobi Reacts To Arsenal’s Draw With Manchester United
- Charlottesville: White nationalist found guilty of murder for driving vehicle into counterprotester