As the ice and fire move closer, a few other kingdoms seem to get caught in their destructive path.
David Benioff and D.B. Weiss returned to executive produce the final season alongside Carolyn Strauss, Frank Doelger and Bernadette Caulfield, with Bryan Cogman, Guymon Casady, Vince Gerardis and George R.R. Martin serving as co-executive producers.
The final frame teases the April 2019 release.
The wave of ice descends from the north of the continent as that is where the last season wrapped up - when the White Walkers breached the Wall and made their way south. The thrones team is keeping their tabs for the much awaited season which will have 6 episodes. A figure of a direwolf is covered in ice (probably representing House Stark), then a miniature dragon is frozen (a reference to House Targaryen or possibly zombie dragon Viserion). The fire comes to take over the ocean like Daenery's forces Lannister in a tight collision.
Our resident "Game of Thrones" expert, Kim Renfro, will be back next year to cover the final season of "Game of Thrones". HBO released the 50-second teaser on Friday and it has sent the social media into tizzy. Fire in the GOT world represents Daenerys, her dragons and the Targaryens, while ice stands for the fearful White Walkers.
In this teaser, it is quite interesting to see a dragon freeze over as they are usually the representation of fire.
- Oil prices ease in cautious trading ahead of OPEC meeting
- Houstonians pay final respects to President George H.W. Bush
- Twitter Reactions: Cheteshwar Pujara stands tall amidst shoddy Indian batting
- Priyanka responds to The Cut article, calling it "random things"
- Mika Singh Detained In Dubai on Charges of Sexual Harassment
- O2 investigating UK-wide network outages
- Trump reportedly picks Heather Nauert to be United Nations ambassador
- SpaceX Sends Cargo Ship To International Space Station But Booster Landing Fails
- 'Bullying is unacceptable' - OH dad's punishment for misbehaving daughter goes viral
- Iran FM accuses foreign-backed terrorists for Chabahar attack