After the accusation, Mika Singh has been detained and was being questioned by the local authorities, a member of his team told news agency ANI.
According to Republic TV, a 17-year-old Brazilian girl had accused him of sending an inappropriate picture.
He also said that the singer would be produced before a court on Friday. The singer has been accused of sending inappropriate photos to a 17-year-old Brazilian girl. He was believed to have been kept at Muraqqabaat police station. Sources suggest that the police have confirmed the arrest of Mika.
The singer, known for several hit songs such as Subha Hone Na De and Sawan Mein Lag Gayi Aag was arrested from Bur Dubai at 3 AM on Thursday morning.
In 2016, a Mumbai-based model had filed a complaint of molestation against the singer, while Mika had lodged a counter-complaint against her alleging extortion.
Mika was in Dubai to perform at a Bollywood event. When the channel contacted the Dubai police, they confirmed Singh's imprisonment.
In 2006, the controversial Rakhi Sawant filed a case against Mika for forcibly kissing her during her birthday celebrations in Mumbai.
Mika was also charged with violence after he slapped a doctor at one of his concerts.
- Oil prices ease in cautious trading ahead of OPEC meeting
- Worldwide Donor Hunt to Help Girl with Rare Blood Type
- Brexit deal debate continues in House of Commons
- Final Eulogies Set for Former US President George HW Bush
- Google confirms chat app Allo will soon shut down
- Indian police probe if violence over dead cow was result of conspiracy
- Iran FM accuses foreign-backed terrorists for Chabahar attack
- Huawei's 'Hole Punch' Nova 4 Gets Launch Date
- Anthony Martial steps up for Manchester United in big clash yet again
- Senate Resolution Would Fault Saudi Prince for Khashoggi Death