Something to look forward to: Fans of Ubisoft's Far Cry series will be pleased to hear that the company is already working on the franchise's latest entry, and it could be fully revealed at The Game Awards tomorrow.
"None of us were ready for the end", a male voice narrates while leaves turn to ash and an unknown party brandishes a crossbow that appears to launch saw blades. The version of the clip that Ubisoft posted on Twitter shows that the new Far Cry release will be offered on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
This will also be the first Far Cry game to be a direct sequel to the last.
Hot on the heels of February's dark, cult-starring Far Cry 5, a surprise video has appeared on Ubisoft's social channels, revealing a glimpse of a brand new Far Cry adventure. It shows a few familiar locations, as it seems to mirror the original cover art for Far Cry 5 - the church on the left, especially. No other information was given quite yet, but the publisher did release this teaser trailer. The years of rain, the howling winds, gave way to blue skies and a new world in bloom. In the meantime: did you play Far Cry 5?
This would suggest the upcoming Far Cry follows either directly on from (or is in the same universe as) Far Cry 5 - most likely years after the nuclear explosion. All the games have been standalone experiences.
- O2 investigating UK-wide network outages
- Priyanka responds to The Cut article, calling it "random things"
- Final Eulogies Set for Former US President George HW Bush
- Taylorville IL got 41-minute warning of December tornado
- Trump optimistic despite haze around China trade
- Trump reportedly picks Heather Nauert to be United Nations ambassador
- Joshua ready to fight Wilder or Fury - when they are ready
- World markets down after arrest of Huawei executive
- Supreme Court rejects environmental challenge to border wall
- Huawei finance chief Meng Wanzhou arrested in Canada