The Game Awards are an annual award show hosted and produced by videogame journalist Geoff Keighley - this is the fifth year the show has taken place.
Sadly, poor Bill Murphy has to work tonight but we're pretty sure he'll be taking a peek at The Game Awards 2018 as all the big awards are handed out and big new announcements are made. The games nominated for 2018's Game of the Year award include Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Celeste, God of War, Marvel's Spider-Man, Monster Hunter: World and Red Dead Redemption 2.
This means the livestream will start at 8:30pm EST on Thursday, December 6 or on Friday, December 7 at 1:30am GMT / 12:30pm AEDT.
It's probably a little bit counterproductive of me, a writer for a video game website, to be getting exhausted of the hints towards what we should expect at the next videogame extravaganza, but here we are.
Ubisoft released a teaser trailer earlier this week teasing a new post-apocalyptic Far Cry game. MP1st will also have the show's announcements and reveals right here as it happens. The new Far Cry title could have been one of those big announcements we're talking about days later, but now it's just another footnote in an upcoming event we already seem to know much of the landscape of. Many of us are looking forward to a rumored Crash Team Racing remaster as well.
Persona 5's Joker Coming to Super Smash Bros.
- Houstonians pay final respects to President George H.W. Bush
- Brexit deal debate continues in House of Commons
- Supreme Court rejects environmental challenge to border wall
- Looks Like a New Far Cry Will Be Announced Early Friday Morning
- Trump optimistic despite haze around China trade
- Iran FM accuses foreign-backed terrorists for Chabahar attack
- Priyanka responds to The Cut article, calling it "random things"
- Kevin Hart stepping down as Oscars host
- Yep, Jake Gyllenhaal Is Playing Mysterio in 'Spider-Man: Far From Home'
- Twitter Reactions: Cheteshwar Pujara stands tall amidst shoddy Indian batting