CNN's New York City offices were evacuated for almost two hours, and live programming on the cable news network was temporarily replaced by reruns, after a bomb threat was called in to the building.
Journalists at the network confirmed the headquarters had been evacuated while police searched the building.
While none of the devices had actually detonated, the Federal Bureau of Investigation said that they were not dummies.
The network temporarily went to taped programming for about half hour before going live from the street while police investigated.
The caller who phoned in the threat claimed there were five bombs inside the building, New York's WNBC-TV reported, citing a police source.
This was the third time that CNN had faced an evacuation over bomb threats.
Lemon said he was in the middle of preparations for his show when the order to evacuate was issued.
Reacting to the threat, CNN's Chris Cuomo said that everyone was "fine" despite the evacuation.
Chris Cuomo also tweeted about the incident, but said employees expected to be allowed back into the building 'ASAP'.
"Right now CNN is airing taped programming due to the disruption", he added. "The threat has not been substantiated at this time; we're on scene performing a comprehensive sweep-and-search of the facility".
"At 10:07pm a bomb threat was called into the Time Warner Center and the building was evacuated", the NYPD wrote on Twitter. "FAKE NEWS - THE ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!" the tweet said.
- The Palace Has Released A Rare Statement About Meghan And Kate's 'Feud'
- Supreme Court rejects environmental challenge to border wall
- Millwall Draw Hull City In The FA Cup Third Round
- Kevin Hart stepping down as Oscars host
- Brexit deal debate continues in House of Commons
- Here's Every Video Game On Sale For The Game Awards
- Yep, Jake Gyllenhaal Is Playing Mysterio in 'Spider-Man: Far From Home'
- Cardi B's Baby Kulture Kiari Cephus Photo
- Twitter Reactions: Cheteshwar Pujara stands tall amidst shoddy Indian batting
- Yes, Tyrion Lannister loves Daenerys Targaryen in Game of Thrones