"As you see this morning, she is learning otherwise", Cox said in the video posted to Facebook on Monday.
"I was bullied many times by bigger kids than me", she told WTVG.
Do you think this father went too far, or was his punishment acceptable?
The lesson that he taught her also had a positive effect on her, as he shared that his daughter now has a new outlook on bullying.
Mr Cox described the unusual punishment as a "life lesson" and has won applause from many victims of bullying but others have questioned whether publicly shaming a child is an suitable way to teach them right from wrong. It was the second time she had gotten into trouble for bullying.
Video: Dad forces daughter to walk 5 miles to school after suspended from bus for bullying
The video has since garnered nearly 400,000 shares and 17 million views and showed Cox following his daughter while she walked ahead, carrying her schoolbags.
"So in some ways, this father is doing the right thing of admitting and accepting his daughter's behaviour", she said.
"I just hope that through the video being shared kids can take a look and read some of the comments and tutorials on the post and see just how much words can hurt and cut deep and can have lasting effects on those involved sometimes in the most terrible cases life-ending effects", Cox said.
Some parents congratulated Cox saying, "Well done" and "good job dad".
He says he would do it all over again because he believes it's made a difference. "I hope that parents hold their kids accountable". "Cure bullying with bullying", wrote user David Plackett. "Or even bus rides to school in the morning".
Mr Cox told News 5 Cleveland that he had shown Kirsten and his two other children the video and people's comments on it.
Matt Cox is a father of four from Ohio, US, who doesn't mess around when it comes to teaching his children a lesson.
- World markets down after arrest of Huawei executive
- Taylorville IL got 41-minute warning of December tornado
- Yep, Jake Gyllenhaal Is Playing Mysterio in 'Spider-Man: Far From Home'
- Supreme Court rejects environmental challenge to border wall
- Trump optimistic despite haze around China trade
- Google confirms chat app Allo will soon shut down
- Twitter Reactions: Cheteshwar Pujara stands tall amidst shoddy Indian batting
- Yes, Tyrion Lannister loves Daenerys Targaryen in Game of Thrones
- O2 investigating UK-wide network outages
- Worldwide Donor Hunt to Help Girl with Rare Blood Type